Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Preparing the house

And guess who gets to do the hard work? I was just the assistant. I don't think mum trusted me enough with her plants.


Mum repotting the money tree I bought two years ago; we also have a new addition to the family - this bonsai looking thing - mum just told me it's a Jade tree/money plant - crassula argentea


The banner on top of the door says Kam Nguk Mun Tong which sort of means that the house will be in abundance of good things; and the word on the door says Fuk which means luck; interior of our apartment; my piano that sits staring at my face everyday


See the fire crackers hanging from the speakers?


Mum's friend gave her a bunch of these flowers - really really pretty. Some kind of a lily.


Granny's Christmas turned New Year tree; Uncle's patio and pussy willow tree (associated with growth and prosperity)

4 comments:

My Name said...

very very chinese-ty... mine is even much more simpler... and hey, i didn't see your mom in ages already....

melissa said...

meng - come visit if you have time! mum hasn't seen you in ages too.

Yu Ann said...

Who is Meng? Meng whose granny lives near Aunty Jenny in PJ?

melissa said...

No, Meng is Meng Foong!