Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Bir, biiru, pi jiu, bia, mek-ju, BEER!

That's beer in Malay, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Korean and Hindi (yes, and English as well.)

Public holiday today in accordance with awal muharram celebrated by the Muslims. Went to the nearby mall, which by the way, is not called Mid Valley Megamall for nothing - mega stores, mega sales, mega cinemas, mega crowds and mega traffic congestions. But I live only 5 minutes away from it, so it is still the most convenient place to go.

Anyhow, the point is I was walking by the liquor store and saw the Hennessy Cognac promotion. That made me think of Sara, and she made me think of the FTC group. And when you think of FTC people, you think of good times and...beer. So there. Enjoy, my friends. (Malaysians love beer too, and in most cases they don't pass out after one bottle)



TIGER BEER. The label says RM31.00 for a six pack, approx. US 8.50


JOLLY SHANDY, a product of Carlsberg that got my sister drunk after consuming 2 cans at the age of 6.


For the Hennessys. Heineken and Anchor on the shelves.


All time favourites: Guiness and Carlsberg.


Anglia Shandy. RM 1.80 per can, approx. US0.48. That is crazy cheap. Can't find a website for it but I know it's manufactured under Guiness Anchor Ltd.

1 comment:

Yu Ann said...

Hey! I think Apa fed me six glasses of beer ... not merely two cans, you know?!? Seriously, that was the only time in my life I actually felt as though I was walking on air! *giggles*