Sunday, January 01, 2006

A brand new year...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

After much procrastination with regards to blogging again, I'm finally posting my first blog of the year. Have been encouraged to blog about life back home in K.L. since none of my American friends have set foot on Malaysian soil...
Well, how about this for a start? To wish someone Happy New Year:

In Malay, you say "Selamat Tahun Baru"
In Cantonese, "Sun Nin Fai Lok"
In Mandarin, "Xin Nian Kuai Le"
In Tamil - I have to admit that I have yet figured that out. Shame on me.

Since arriving home almost three weeks ago, yours truly have been busy with the many Christmas and New Year festivities, which obviously included good company and food, food and more food. Daily/weekly activities summary as follow:

Number of suitcases unpacked: 1 of 3
Number of headaches acquired from overly crowded shopping malls: infinite
Number of foul/semi-foul language spoken in car towards bad drivers: indefinite
Number of heart attacks derived from the thousands of motorcyclists on the road: indefinite
Number of theatre related jobs enquired: 0 of 0

Having said that, I realized that I won't have to pack another suitcase again for quite sometime.
By the way, those of you who WILL BE planning your trip to SE Asia, it is supposedly Visit Malaysia Year in 2007 ;) Speaking of which - Christie and Vonessa, these pictures are for you. Told you you'll feel right at home...


Starbucks @ KLIA (Kuala Lumpur Int'l Airport)



Anyone for a mocha frap?

No comments: