Sunday, April 23, 2006

Another Sunday

Spent the morning helping Grace move. She now lives a minute away from me. When she told me she was moving to Jalan Robson a few weeks ago, I told her that I live around the area too. After a few minutes of bad road and landmark descriptions on my part, we realized that she's about to be my new neighbour. Not immediate, but close enough to be considered neighbours.

Anyway, I volunteered to help her move. When I asked her how much stuff she had, she said "oh, just three boxes." I almost laughed out loud. THREE BOXES??? In all my years in LA, I've never had less than twenty-five boxes to move each time, and I moved three times (with the help of Jeremy, Don and Peter on seperate ocassions - thank you!) Okay, so I moved an entire apartment whilst she only had a room. Still. What an idiot. I don't even need half the stuff. And what did I do with all of it when I moved back to KL? I sorted, packed, sealed, labeled and put EVERY DARN THING on a ship.

Had coffee with Kim at Coffee Bean (Vonessa will be so proud of me) later in the afternoon. Paid RM9.45 for a small cup of mocha latte. Who says living in Malaysia is cheap? In LA, if you make USD2K, a cup of coffee only costs between 3-4 bucks; in KL, if you make RM2K, the same cup of coffee costs Rm9.


Melanie will be back from Sydney on Wednesday (she's tying the knot with Sung at Pangkor Resort in two weeks time before returning to Sydney). I haven't seen her in almost 10 years. Can't wait to meet up again. We were secondary school classmates for a year before her family moved to the US, and then to Australia. She wrote me the funniest letters about living in America which I still have until today. Whenever I think of her, I think of recess time at school because she used to steal my food. Well, not steal but that's how she puts it. She had a thing for mum's chocolate cake. Mel - if you're reading this, I plan on asking you for permission to publish this photo when I see you next.

6 days to Beijing and Xi'An! Great Wall of China, here I come!

No comments: