Monday, November 06, 2006

Back to real life

It's November.
September and October flew by in a swish! I told myself I would try to keep up with my blog and even start a stage manager's blog to document my first Asia production ever...but alas, it was all but a fleeting dream...or rather, yours truly was in self-denial - thinking that there would be time to write. I DID start a stage manager's blog, but am embarassed to say that I only have 2 entries in it. And I also started a travel blog, thinking that I would somehow have the time to travel to a few exquisite places in 2007. HAH.

Butterfly Lovers completely took over my life for the past 2 months. It closed on October 15th, after a weekend of extended performances. Since then, I have been busy with post production work, and pre-production planning for the re-staging of it next year. A few surprises are in the making, unfortunately I am unable to publicly announce them. It is impossible to sum up my feelings and experience working on this show in just a paragraph or two. But in short, this has been an exceptionally exciting production to work on in terms of learning and discovering the way things work in this part of the world and fitting yourself into the big picture; making connections (and realizing that it is indeed a really, really small community); and gaining another extended family.

In my next few posts, I will track back to rehearsals in September thru the closing of the production. Am sure you will be entertained with the stories and pictures!

No comments: