Sunday, March 26, 2006

Can't think of a post title...

Grandma's back at the hospital again. It will be a week tomorrow. This time it was chest infection and a minor stroke. We are back to our hospital routine.

Will be planning a trip to Beijing! (to see an ex-uni mate and of course, to learn more about my ancestors. hah) Desperately need to get away for a bit. Charlene invited me to watch Love In A Fallen City at the HK Repertory Theatre on Saturday, April 1st. Would have loved to go see it but heck, am too busy this week. Can't believe I'll be missing her twice this year. No worries - Beijing next month. Will pop by to see her!

Have been watching a Chinese series based on the story of concubines in the Imperial Palace and have just finished reading Anchee Min's Empress Orchid so am quite excited about going to the Forbidden City and Summer Palace to see it all for myself. My family took a trip to China in 1995 - I didn't go, fearing the lack of proper public toilets. Yes, I have a thing about public toilets. It's been 11 years since, surely it's much better now.

My copy of 1000 Places to See Before You Die arrived a week ago. That box took almost 3 months to get here from LA. Unbelievable. Anyhow, after flipping thru pages of the book and feeling somewhat "culture-less" and ignorant about the rest of the world, I have decided that it's time to bring out the "travel fund" piggy bank and put it to good use again.

Sunday tv programmes are awful, no matter which country you live in.

1 comment:

melissa said...

I miss TLC. We do have TLC as well - but that's the Travel and Living Channel.