Saturday, February 04, 2006

Chinese raw fish salad

Do's and Don'ts of CNY By Lee Lee Tan

Day seven: Invide loved ones to dinner. Serve long noodles mixed with seven types of vegetables to denote longevity. A great day for yee sang or raw fish salad. Everyone at the table should stand and toss the salad together.

Have yet had my share of yee sang this year. You don't necessarily have to have it on the seventh day of CNY. Any day is fine and just as good. It's really fun and everyone tries to top each other by tossing the yee sang as high as they can.

Busy day today. My god family came to visit - cannot get over how adorable my god children, Alex and Shannon are. Later in the evening, my family went to visit my grandma and uncle. It's ten and Mel and Khim are popping by in about half an hour.


Alex enjoying a game of catch the finger with the lion's mouth with my dad, behind are my godparents.


Enjoying my chinese wind fan; Lisa, godsister cum childhood buddy, and hubby David; baby Shannon


Godfather and Shannon

ps: The seventh day of Chinese New Year is also called Yan Yat which means Everybody's Birthday. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY everyone!

No comments: