Sunday, December 31, 2006

Wonder bricks!

I made it to NYC after all! AND to San Fran, Washington DC and the rest of the United States... all in just 3 hours.

Stopped by at Legoland on my way back to LA. The highlight of the park was Mini USA. In actual fact, I just about realized I paid USD57 to see only that. For those of you who have yet visited Legoland, I'd say that unless you're a Lego fan or are travelling with younger children, you can almost pass it up if you run out of time during your stay in San Diego.

Mini USA was really fascinating. I remember spending hours playing with my Lego set when I was a kid (of course back in the 80s you didn't quite have the variety you find in Lego stores today - Star Wars, Pirates, etc.) and never even thought of half the things these people did with them. Well...building miniature cities and buildings...honestly.

Mini USA



mechanical boats that move




From LA (Mann's Chinese Theatre, Hollywood) to DC n(US Capitol)



Mardi Gras (the float travels around the block); Daytona Racing



San Francisco (Pier 39); Godzilla in town (this is the guy whose job is to play with the Lego dollhouses and to make sure everything is running smoothly)



AND...NYC - this for now. The real thing another time.


Mount Rushmore - the best thing about the picture is the bird


Just like any other theme parks and places of attraction, you've got to have busts. Shakespeare and Marilyn's other Lego buddies include Queen E, Arnold the Governor and Beethoven.

After 3 hours of Lego, I was more than ready to go. I also decided there and then what I would get for a certain little boy for Christmas.

No comments: